things to share

found some cool things that I'd like to share:

Did you know that there were 13 FEMALE candidates for the Mercury 7 mission? They were ready, willing and able (completed all the tests almost 2 years before the men did) to be among the first Americans in space. Yeah, I don't remember that part in The Right Stuff either. Congress pulled the plug on the project. I guess they figured women were only good for being lab rats. Makes me angry. I am glad they are finally getting the recognition they deserve.

via BoingBoing, I learned about UCLA's recently launched searchable index of vintage Los Angeles news photographs.

For example, a photo of an early voice recognition computer.

And Caltech students protesting the possible cancellation of the original Star Trek television series.

enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my favorite bread

Tour of the Apartment

Early Exploration